Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

On A Dime

Isn’t it amazing the way your world can turn around in just a second? Just one tiny moment, a mere fraction of a splinter of time and Poof!- everything is different. Life is new again and shiny and filled with possibilities! I am on top of the world today. I’m strong and confident, and I feel fantastic. So what happened? It’s as if a switch was flipped inside my brain; I changed my attitude towards myself and my life and world is now beautiful! I had been flailing in a sea of residual hurt and anger and betrayal for such a long time and it felt like I was constantly pumping my arms and pushing towards the shore of clarity but never getting there. Yesterday, I did a quick, impulse shopping trip at lunch with a wonderful friend who told me quite frankly what looked good and what didn’t and when we found the outfit I ended up wearing last night, we both knew it was perfect. That was a real confidence booster for me and I really felt something shift when I realized how good I looked. Sure, it’s the same body but looking at yourself from a different point of view does wonders for your ego. After work, I sold my wedding ring at a gold party. It was the most liberating, freeing thing I could have done for myself. All the sticky, clingy molasses-goo of leftover emotional baggage is gone! I’m serious – this morning I probed for the old, familiar, achy Eeyore-ish feeling of the black cloud around my heart and it’s just not there. I actually woke up smiling. I have energy and am so thankful for whatever this is. And...are you ready for this???? I can’t wait to get back to my apartment and start making it truly mine. I’m not worried about losing my apartment when I lose my job in December because I feel something truly wonderful is just around the corner for my life. This little caterpillar has finally emerged from her protective cocoon as a vibrant butterfly, free to fly through life on whatever currents she chooses. From that one split second attitude shift, my life turned...on a dime.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. Cathy
    It is about time that life turned for the good for you. I have known for some time that you had lost your outlook on life.Hurt and pain have a way of robbing us of our sense of worth. i truly am glad you are happier love ya sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.