Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Moving Day

Today it's off to college for me - as the moving mom, of course. My car is stuffed with a dorm refrigerator, boxes, boxes, boxes, bags, totes, an actual suitcase and other stuff of unknown origin - the giraffe and TV and more boxes and totes and stuff is in my daughter's Jeep. We're about to leave for the three hour drive so I'm signing off - we decided last night to leave at 7:00 instead of 6:00. The girl is very chipper this morning, excited about getting back to her life but already sad that this is her last year. Reality is starting to hit...getting a grown-up job, finding a place to live, bills, - all the grown-up things are suddenly upon her. Hey, at least she gets it so I'm happy that she's thinking about these things. OK - gotta go use my really wimpy muscles and move boxes and stuff into a dorm room. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.