Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Making Progress!

Hello All,

It’s been a while since I’ve last written and I find that I’ve missed writing about herbs. I let my daily doings get in the way of my purposeful passion but I’m baaaack!

So what’s new, you ask? Well, I got my bottles in but I gave up on designing my own labels. I’m smart enough to know that in spite of my best efforts, I just don’t have the talent and know-how for it, not to mention that I don’t have the correct software. I’ve asked a young lady who’s studying to be a graphic designer to do the labels for me. This feels like a smart move to me as I refuse to test market and sell my products with an amateur looking label slapped on them. If I want my business to be taken seriously, my products must look professional as well. Another new thing? I’ve made a wonderful rosemary infusion and am using it two ways: on my face as a wash and on my scalp as a rinse. I have dermatitis (roughly translated it means really flaky skin cell buildups) on my face and yes, as embarrassing as it is to admit, often in my scalp as well. Rosemary’s volatile oils act as a toner and astringent that help remove the dead skin cells. It’s funny but even though it is an astringent, it doesn’t sting at all or burn my eyes or make my skin turn red and it leaves a smooth, silky feeling to my face. It also made my hair very shiny! And the last new thing? I’ve made a Rosemary Shampoo! It’s just awesome and since it’s barely scented from the fresh herb, it won’t overpower your favorite perfume. It works well on dandruff and other causes of scalp flakiness.

Oh, yes. On the wedding side of things, I’m making herbal cookies, cakes and breads as part of my product line and have completed the pricing for my herbal wedding sachets for brides and guests as well as the herbal mix guests toss at the newly married couple. Step by step I’m getting there! I still need start-up money so if you know of an angel investor, please point them my way.

GOD made the earth yield healing herbs, which the prudent man should not neglect.
Ecclesiastes 38:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.