Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Up-See Daisy

Remember those wonderful mornings in childhood when you were burrowed under your covers, almost awake but not really and you would be smiling while you were stretching your toes and feet and thinking about going to the bathroom before deciding you didn't really need to go because your bed felt so warm and snuggly so you flopped over on your other side to go all the way back to sleep? That was a true state of bliss. You and your bed were one. Your blanket was your fur lined robe and your dreams were your castle. Then your mother went and ruined the whole thing in that sweet, mom-chirpy voice used by mothers the world over, and only in the morning, mind you, by exhorting you to get up RIGHT NOW!!! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I'VE HAD TO COME IN HERE AND WAKE YOU UP!!! That's the way I felt this morning when my alarm clock went off. A long time ago ~ OK ~ a really long time ago... I had a flight of fancy and wrote a short poem about dreaming:

Oh, Morpheus. Cradle me sweet; rock me in your embrace
Give wing to things like thoughts and dreams of the sea in stars encased
And sirens and mermaids and people of the deep
In this world I can safely keep
My hopes afloat in a bouyant sea
And anything at all I can be

Beep Beep - GET UP. Beep Beep - RIGHT NOW. Yes, Mom...I get up and turn off the clock.

Hmmm, it's a pretty day, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. yeah I don't remember ever being awake before the yelling began during my childhood to get, up get out of bed, get dressed, go to school. I do remember being burrowed down to keep the chill away though. LOL. I felt that way this morning. I didn't want to get up at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blogs, but I dont remember a sweet chirpy voice,,,,are you sure that was your mom?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.