Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Deep Breath

A wedding on Saturday, Sunday-day at my sister’s home for a great family visit and then a two hour drive back to my apartment last night. What a sweet treat it was to walk into my tiny kitchen redolent with the scent of the flowers and herbs I had used early Saturday morning to make the bride’s Herbal Hopes wedding sachet. I stood in the middle of the floor between the counter and the microwave-over-range, closed my eyes and let my shoulders drop, and just drew in the softest, deepest breath I’ve taken in a very long time. I smelled the roses and carnations, and caraway and cumin co-mingled with fresh basil and fresh mint. The lavender and rosemary complemented each other in a way that really surprised me – the dreamy sweetness of the lavender was the perfect foil for the crisp, almost astringent, quality of the rosemary. I had thrown in some other herbs and nuts and spices as well ~ all representing a different aspect of marriage. Working with herbs is my passion; I can’t wait to make these wedding sachets and other products for my shop!

That’s it for today’s blog ~ talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.