Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Here Comes the Bride!!!!

My sister makes wonderful wedding cakes; she made one for my mother & stepfather's wedding almost 20 years ago in addition to countless others throughout the intervening years. Today, I'm off to New Bern in just a few minutes to help her assemble a wedding cake for her daughter's (my niece's) best friend and four-year Barton College roommate. I've put together a Wedding Sachet I've named Herbal Hopes for the bride and groom ~ it's filled with various flower petals, herbs, spices, and nut and attached is a little card that explains the wedding folklore behind each item. I'll try to post a picture of the Herbal Hopes Wedding Sachet sometime after this weekend has passed.

Gotta run, I've got to get packed and get gone!

Happy Summer Saturday to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.