Just a Bit about Me

My photo
I love living in the South: great weather and kind, friendly people here! I have an awesome adult daughter who continues to amaze and delight me at every turn. I write mysteries for fun, love-Love-LOVE dark chocolate, and am experimenting here with a food holiday blog. Hope you'll drop me a line from time to time!

Friday, October 1, 2010

I HAVE A STORY TO TELL

The universe has been showering me with blessings. In no particular order, here are some of the gifts that have been raining down upon me:

• My daughter took me on a cruise – my first ever – for my birthday.

• I’m taking Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University course. You can check out my progress at: http://www.ayearofcommoncents.blogspot.com/

• My brain has finally convinced my heart to let go of the pain and shame of years of abuse I suffered throughout my childhood and teen years.

• I realize that not only did I survive, but I’m actually beginning to thrive!

Blogging about food holidays that no except me really cares about ~ and for me, it’s simply the humor behind the day that attracted me ~ is not fulfilling that crazy ‘something’ that resides deep in my soul.

I’ve realized I have a story to tell that can help others who are or have been abused.  I know fear and shame and hiding in plain sight and secrets and ugly truths.  I know hopelessness, and shadows on the soul. I know about baby steps forward and giant leaps backward.  I know the comfort and safety found in oblivion, the faith and trust in no one and no thing.

I have a story to tell. It’s time I write it.

3 comments:

  1. LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!! good for you mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked and saddened to hear of your abuse. I know you have mentioned your father being a bad father, but I did not know it was THAT bad. (Sorry if I am wrong in assuming the abuse came from him.)

    Your friend and neighbor, Myra Mullins

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting that you mentioned "baby steps." This is one of my favorite sayings that always encourages me to move forward a little at a time. I found your history strike a chord in me. I have been through quite a lot as well and started a blog to begin the process of telling my story, like you, one little bit at a time. You can read my fledgling writings at http://ontatteredwings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for reading my blog.